In today’s digital era, companies can use their electronic devices to promote and measure the effect of marketing campaigns. They can now reach out through social media posts as well as online videos that appear on a computer or phone screen. There are as many specializations within digital marketing as there are ways of interacting using digital media. Among the most famous and effective digital marketing services, we can use the following for a better understanding:
- Content is the most important aspect of a company’s online marketing strategy. It can drive traffic and potential customers, while also building brands out there in cyberspace. An effective content plan includes fetching visitors at an affordable price and provides reliable ways for generating new leads as well – which readers will be interested in! Creating compelling writing can be hard because you have to catch that “online reader pulse”. Content marketing service is based on the distribution of relevant and valuable content to a target audience. As in any digital marketing service, the goal of content marketing is to lure prospects that ultimately convert into customers
- Search engine optimization is the process of improving your site to increase its visibility when people search for products or services related to your business in any search engine. The better visibility you have in these results the more likely are you going garner attention and attract prospective customers. Search engine optimization is a top digital marketing service defined by The Balance as “the art and science of making web pages attractive to search engines
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) is all about paid promotional content. If you want to get the most of your ROI, invest in a good agency that will focus on increasing sales and raising brand awareness through creative posts. These social media agencies strategically plan their posts for maximum visibility by repeating some messages many times–the key is leaving an impression! The SMM strategy often has a more aggressive tone than organic updates which are friendlier and more informative rather than selling any particular product or service with hard-hitting call-to-action phrases. The best of social media marketing involves driving traffic and brand awareness by engaging people in discussion online. The most popular platforms for social media marketing are Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, with LinkedIn and YouTube not far behind
- Affiliate marketing is a fantastic way to get the word out about your business without having to pay for advertising. You can be paired with an affiliate marketer and if they’re able to drum up any interest in your work, you’ll only need to give them their cut of the sales upon completion. This strategy has been around before Google was invented, but it still works wonderfully today when executed properly! Affiliate marketing lets someone make money by promoting another person’s business. You could be either the promoter or the business that works with the promoter, but the process is the same in either case
- PPC or Pay-per-click, a model of internet marketing in which advertisers pay to display their ads on your site. It’s best used when you want targeted visitors rather than hoping that they’ll find it organically. Search engine advertising is one of the most popular forms and allows advertisers to bid for ad placement with search engines if someone searches related keywords
In the evolving digital marketing landscape, it can be hard to truly examine what works—and more importantly, what doesn’t. A great place to start is by looking at successful brands and analyzing their tactics.
However, there is a lot of misinformation and poorly executed digital marketing services out there. It can be hard, but not impossible, to execute a digital marketing strategy that connects with your customer, increases your brand awareness, and adds money to your bottom line.
Here is a list of the top 5 brands, that have implemented a dynamic digital marketing strategy to increase their company’s ROI and added value to customers. The companies below are not just doing digital marketing—they are creating experiences and content that captivate their audiences and bring outstanding brand awareness.
LESSON TO LEARN: You don’t have to be the creator of your content. Find industry leaders that produce great content, and ask them to write a couple of articles on your blog. It will build its audience and you’re traffic as long as they provide value in its readers’ eyes with good quality information or advice. Good content marketing strategies draw on a range of user-generated sources to both grow online communities and minimize financial investment.
American Express (AMEX)
American Express is putting its money where its mouth is when it comes to online communities. The company’s Open Forum website allows experts from different fields to share valuable information with the public while still feeling like they’re in a private community.
Open Forum is a collaborative website, where American Express invites guest authors from the business sector to share their knowledge and wisdom. The result of this endeavor is content-rich articles that are popular with search engines, all without American Express needing to shell out cash for contributors’ fees.
LESSON TO LEARN: Don’t be afraid to have some fun! DSC doesn’t take itself too seriously (or at all serious for that matter). Everything from its marketing, onboarding, packaging, and social engagement is lighthearted, silly, and tongue-in-cheek. And customers love them because of it; they’ve made something as tedious as buying razors or shaving hilarious and entertaining – which stands out in people’s minds.
Dollar Shave Club
Shaving is the epitome of a boring routine, right? If you answered “of course,” then you haven’t seen Dollar Shave Club’s now legendary launch video. DSC shook the notion of its drab, buttoned-up industry and kicked it out the window with its witty sense of humor!
The Dollar Shave Club recently acquired by Unilever has over a million subscribers and its promotional video was viewed 24 million times. These guys know how to let loose and get attention with cheeky content such as “Is It Bad To Pluck Nose Hairs With My Fingers?”
LESSON TO LEARN: Trust more in the power of real people. Modern consumers are wary of ads, banners, and paid search results. They want real recommendations from real people. And that’s what The Wirecutter delivers with such sparkling success. They’ve made reviewed the product. People share them, like them, and rely on them to decide what to buy. The only marketing they have to do is share their top-notch reviews. Their fans take care of the rest.
Affiliate marketing can be a bit sleazy, but it can generate big results when done properly and genuinely. The Wirecutter has set the standard since its launch just five years ago. Labeling itself a simple “list of the best gadgets—like cameras and TVs—for people who don’t want to take a lot of time figuring out what to get,” the site generated $150 million in e-commerce transactions in 2015 and was recently acquired by the New York Times for $30 million. They write reviews for products they love, embed a link to buy it from someone like Amazon, and take a cut of each sale. Their reviews take anywhere from 20 to 200 hours to complete, involving experts and other interested parties depending on the product. It works because they’re real.
LESSON TO LEARN: The way to stay ahead of the competition is always changing. Slack has built a successful company by focusing on customer experience, not marketing budgets! As their tagline says, they’re “on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and productive.”
Slack is a collaboration tool that allows teams to communicate more efficiently and share files, all on one easy platform. They’ve had a pretty spectacular rise, with 15,000 users at launch in 2014, just north of 171,000 six months later, over 500,000 in less than a year, and currently sitting at roughly 5,000,000. This company’s strength is delivering a high-quality customer experience. They respond to 8,000 help desk tickets and up to 10,000 tweets each month! Even their Twitter feed is full of #SlackTips.
LESSON TO LEARN: When trying to create viral digital campaigns, look for content that is already out there and put a spin on it. Notice how Mastercard was patient enough to wait until the last game could maximize their reach. Timing does matter when looking at any great internet campaign!
Mastercard is the King of “Priceless” surprises for its customers. The financial services giant has a knack for creating engaging experiences that excite and retain its customers. As a major sponsor of Major League Baseball (MLB), they wanted to take advantage of their Chicago Cubs making it into the World Series with hopes that this time would be different than 71 years ago. Their main objectives were to connect both suffering fans and insert themselves in the conversation as one-time winners against all odds; something only seen on TV before now.
Mastercard went out looking for the perfect way to implement their campaign and came across a great piece of content: A player on a rival team had accused Cubs fans of lacking passion for their team. This was such an interesting claim that it turned into MasterCard’s “Sound Of Priceless” Campaign, which found its peak moment in one video where they measured just how loud the Cubbies’ supporters are! To create the ultimate impact, Mastercard released the film online and on social media just as the Cubs won the final game of the World Series. The results were priceless.
How would you know if your digital marketing campaigns are working? If you’re looking to take your digital marketing strategy to the next level, the team at Digitally Global designs strategies that are customized specifically with your brand, mission, and vision in mind. Outrageous digital marketing strategies are the need of the hour and will help you raise your brand awareness in today’s competitive marketplace. If you want to stay relevant in today’s business world, effective use of digital media will give you the edge.